Sunday, July 1, 2012

Yellow Creek SP Monthly Race: June

We were anticipating a 100 degree F scorcher of a race this time, but conditions ended up cool with a short refreshing drizzle instead.

I photographed the bikers and runners as they partook of the immaculately groomed race course (thanks to the wonderful efforts of the Friends of YC trail maintenance crew).  Having ridden most of the race course last month (where I DNFed - and I say this with my head held high hee hee), I had in mind a couple of spots that might make for good pics. Before the 10.30 am race start, I had skulked away and made haste towards the first choice spot in the Pine Forest where I crouched silently, waiting to shoot unsuspecting athletes as they came by.


Dang it! Marty spotted me!
With my cover blown, I sought my next hiding place further along the trail where I camouflaged myself with a couple of dried branches. I managed to capture a blurred pic of the lead runner as he blazed by me. 

Apologies for the blurry pic - the dude was just too fast!
I took a couple more shots before doubling back to the Pine Forest to await the racers as they came back my way. Seeing a lot more runners this month, likely due to the 'Run with the Deer Fly' race at the end of the month. 'Run with the Deer Fly'... now that should be fun. I had two flies keeping me company throughout, and they nailed me pretty good :p

In the lovely Pine Forest blanketed with ferns

What would be a suitable caption for this? :\

Ben wrests the coveted Green Jacket!!! 
Post race refreshments (fried rice and juicy cut watermelon) went down well with the hungry folk. Thanks everyone who tipped so generously - an additional $32 (after deducting my food cost of $10) was raised for the park! Thanks again to the Friends of Yellow Creek for yet another well-put-together race, and to the sponsors Indiana Cycles for the Pie Prizes!

For the rest of the pics, Follow This Link.... 


xo Gracie

p.s. It would be AWESOME if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please do take a moment to leave your comment!